Biden will discuss "fiscal cliff" deal with House Democrats
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Vice President Joe Biden will meet with fellow Democrats in the House of Representatives on Tuesday to discuss the "fiscal cliff" deal that he forged with Senate Republican leader Mitch McConnell, a Democratic aide said.
The meeting is to be held at the Capitol at 12:15 p.m. ET (1715 GMT).
Biden needed to help sell Senate Democrats on the deal before they joined Republicans at about 2 a.m. ET (0700 GMT) in approving the measure. The Republican-led House may vote on the bill as early as later in the day.
- Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Gunmen kill U.S. teacher in Libya's Benghazi
- Obama says he's not allowed iPhone for 'security reasons'
- Special Report: Thailand secretly supplies Myanmar refugees to trafficking rings |
- U.S. fast-food workers walk off job, rally for higher minimum wage