House Republicans should accept Senate "cliff" deal: Tom Cole
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Republican Representative Tom Cole said his colleagues in the House of Representatives should vote on Tuesday on the "fiscal cliff" deal passed by the Senate, without adding amendments.
""We ought to take this deal right now, and we'll live to fight another day, and it's coming very soon on the spending cut," Cole said on MSNBC.
"We know the essential details and I think putting to bed this thing before the markets is really a pretty important thing to do."
(Reporting By Karey Wutkowski)
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Ukraine appeals to West as Crimea turns to Russia |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- CIA accused of spying on U.S. Senate intelligence committee