Biden will discuss 'fiscal cliff' deal with House Democrats
WASHINGTON Jan 1 (Reuters) - U.S. Vice President Joe Biden will meet with fellow Democrats in the U.S. House of Representatives on Tuesday to discuss the "fiscal cliff" deal that he forged with Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell, a Democratic aide said.
Biden needed to help sell Senate Democrats on the deal before they joined Republicans at about 2 a.m. ET/0700 GMT in approving the measure. The Republican-led House may vote on the bill as early as later in the day.
- Israel warns of long Gaza war as Palestinian fighters cross border |
- West agrees wider Russia sanctions as Kiev says forces near crash site |
- Court orders Russia to pay $50 billion for seizing Yukos assets |
- Man found dead trapped between elevator and shaft wall in NYC
- Wall Street yawns as deal news offsets data; Herbalife sinks