Biden will discuss 'fiscal cliff' deal with House Democrats
WASHINGTON Jan 1 (Reuters) - U.S. Vice President Joe Biden will meet with fellow Democrats in the U.S. House of Representatives on Tuesday to discuss the "fiscal cliff" deal that he forged with Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell, a Democratic aide said.
Biden needed to help sell Senate Democrats on the deal before they joined Republicans at about 2 a.m. ET/0700 GMT in approving the measure. The Republican-led House may vote on the bill as early as later in the day.
- Malaysia Airlines loses contact with plane carrying 239 people |
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Ukraine standoff intensifies, Russia says sanctions will 'boomerang' |
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales