Biden will discuss 'fiscal cliff' deal with House Democrats
WASHINGTON Jan 1 (Reuters) - U.S. Vice President Joe Biden will meet with fellow Democrats in the U.S. House of Representatives on Tuesday to discuss the "fiscal cliff" deal that he forged with Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell, a Democratic aide said.
Biden needed to help sell Senate Democrats on the deal before they joined Republicans at about 2 a.m. ET/0700 GMT in approving the measure. The Republican-led House may vote on the bill as early as later in the day.
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting
- Two deputies killed, two others hurt in California shooting spree
- Wall St. finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades
- Iran hangs woman convicted of killing alleged rapist
- Medical worker quarantined in New Jersey under new Ebola safeguards |