Europe stock index futures signal rally on US deal
PARIS Jan 2 (Reuters) - European stock index futures pointed to a rally on Wednesday after U.S. lawmakers approved a deal preventing massive tax hikes and spending cuts that threatened to drag the economy into recession.
At 0702 GMT, futures for Euro STOXX 50, for Germany's DAX and for France's CAC were up 1.8-2.4 percent.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky in Germany after pardon
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter