Hong Kong shares to open up 0.9 pct at 19-mth intra-day high
HONG KONG Jan 2 (Reuters) - Hong Kong shares were set to start 2013 at a 19-month high on Wednesday, with the benchmark Hang Seng Index buoyed by a 2.9 percent rise for Chinese steel-to-property conglomerate Citic Pacific.
The Hang Seng Index was set to open up 0.9 percent at 22,860.3, its highest intra-day level since June 2011. The China Enterprises Index of the top Chinese listings in Hong Kong was indicated to start up 1.1 percent.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Doctor with Ebola in New York stable; nurse is virus-free
- New York police officer critically wounded in hatchet attack |
- Putin accuses United States of damaging world order
- Exclusive: Charred tanks in Ukraine point to Russian involvement