Abbott wins FDA approval for heart stent
Jan 3 (Reuters) - Abbott Laboratories' Xience Xpedition heart stent was approved by U.S. health regulators and will be launched in the United States immediately, the company said on Thursday.
Heart stents are tiny tubular devices that prop open diseased blood vessels after angioplasty. Abbott's stent delivers a drug, everolimus, which helps keep the vessel from reclogging.
Abbott competes with Medtronic Inc and Boston Scientific in the market for heart stents.
- Officials make preparations for Ferguson grand jury decision |
- Obama unveils U.S. immigration reform, setting up fight with Republicans |
- More arrests as protesters await Ferguson grand jury decision
- U.S., Iran discussing new ideas to break nuclear impasse: sources
- 'Immoral, but not illegal': metal warehousing games in the spotlight