Abbott wins FDA approval for heart stent
Jan 3 (Reuters) - Abbott Laboratories' Xience Xpedition heart stent was approved by U.S. health regulators and will be launched in the United States immediately, the company said on Thursday.
Heart stents are tiny tubular devices that prop open diseased blood vessels after angioplasty. Abbott's stent delivers a drug, everolimus, which helps keep the vessel from reclogging.
Abbott competes with Medtronic Inc and Boston Scientific in the market for heart stents.
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- With song and sadness, South Africans mourn Mandela |
- U.S. television, Twitter, alive with new version of 'Sound of Music'
- Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image