Japan fin min Aso: Excessive yen strength being corrected
NAYPYITAW, Myanmar Jan 3 (REUTERS) - Japanese Finance Minister Taro Aso said on Thursday that the yen had begun to weaken since the start of the year as concerns over the U.S. budget standoff have eased.
"Excessive yen strength is being corrected after risks related to the U.S. 'fiscal cliff' have subsided around the New Year period," Aso told reporters while on a visit to Myanmar. (Reporting by Antoni Slodkowski; Editing by Hugh Lawson)
- Abbas-led Palestinian body backs Hamas truce demands in Gaza |
- UPDATE 4-Train carrying MH17 bodies reaches government-held Ukrainian city
- Rebels likely downed Malaysian jet 'by mistake': U.S. officials
- Islamic State crushes and coerces on march towards Baghdad
- Microsoft sees end to Nokia losses, shares rise after hours