CORRECTED-Knight Capital to sell itself to Getco Holding-sources
(Corrects Dec. 18 to remove exclusive tag from headline and slug as Dow Jones had the news few minutes earlier)
NEW YORK Dec 18 (Reuters) - Knight Capital Group agreed to sell itself to Getco Holding Company LLC, beating rival high-speed trading firm Virtu Financial LLC, according to two people close to the negotiations.
Though Virtu had offered an all-cash deal, Getco and its private equity firm General Atlantic increased its offer to above $3.60 a share in cash and stock in the combined company, one source said. Under Getco's plan, Knight Chief Executive Thomas Joyce would give up his role.
A spokeswoman at Knight was not immediately available for comment. (Reporting by Jed Horowitz; Editing by Jan Paschal)
- Special Report: Thailand secretly supplies Myanmar refugees to trafficking rings |
- NSA gathers data on cellphone locations globally: report
- The 10 Most Corrupt and Least Corrupt Countries in the World
- Dementia epidemic looms with 135 million sufferers seen by 2050
- China's airspace zone has caused apprehension: Biden |