CORRECTED-Knight Capital to sell itself to Getco Holding-sources
(Corrects Dec. 18 to remove exclusive tag from headline and slug as Dow Jones had the news few minutes earlier)
NEW YORK Dec 18 (Reuters) - Knight Capital Group agreed to sell itself to Getco Holding Company LLC, beating rival high-speed trading firm Virtu Financial LLC, according to two people close to the negotiations.
Though Virtu had offered an all-cash deal, Getco and its private equity firm General Atlantic increased its offer to above $3.60 a share in cash and stock in the combined company, one source said. Under Getco's plan, Knight Chief Executive Thomas Joyce would give up his role.
A spokeswoman at Knight was not immediately available for comment. (Reporting by Jed Horowitz; Editing by Jan Paschal)
- Four dead in apparent Connecticut murder-suicide
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Dynasty's Congress party punished in Indian state elections
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- Ukrainian protesters topple Lenin statue in challenge to Yanukovich