Europe benchmark index extends gains after US jobs
PARIS Jan 3 (Reuters) - A leading pan-Europe share index increased its gains on Thursday after data showed U.S. private-sector employers added 215,000 jobs in December, well above economists' expectations.
At 1324 GMT, the FTSEurofirst 300 index of top European shares was up 0.24 percent at 1,160.19 points.
Around Europe, UK's FTSE 100 index was up 0.2 percent, Germany's DAX index down 0.3 percent, and France's CAC 40 down 0.5 percent.
- Rebellious Nevada rancher's slavery remarks dim Republican support
- Ukraine forces kill up to five rebels, Russia starts drill near border |
- Search for missing Malaysian jet may take years: U.S. official
- Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together |
- New report calls U.S. a 'rising star' of global manufacturing