Dollar rises to 3-week high versus Swiss franc
LONDON Jan 3 (Reuters) - The dollar rose to a three-week high against the Swiss franc on Thursday as waning euphoria over a U.S. budget deal prompted investors to buy back the more liquid dollar and on talk of weak Swiss data.
The Swiss KOF indictor, due at 0800 GMT, is forecast to fall to 1.35 in December from 1.50 previously.
The dollar rose 0.4 percent on the day to 0.9214 francs, according to EBS data.
- Malaysia Airlines plane missing at sea off Vietnam, presumed crashed |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws 'red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media
- No signal picked up from missing Malaysia Airlines plane-Vietnam official