TABLE-Swiss PMI rises to 49.5 in December
ZURICH, Jan 3 (Reuters) - The Swiss purchasing managers' index rose to a seasonally adjusted 49.5 points in December from 48.5 points in the previous month, data showed on Thursday. The index is compiled by the Swiss SVME purchasing managers' association and Credit Suisse. KEY FIGURES (in points, seasonally adjusted) Dec '12 Nov '12 Dec '11 PMI 49.5 48.5 50.7 NOTE - The index is calculated on the basis of a monthly survey of SVME members; a value for the main index above 50 points indicates the manufacturing sector is expanding, a value below 50 signals a contraction. For more details of the Credit Suisse/SVME statement Reuters 3000 Xtra users can click on: here .BusinessCycle FORECASTS IN REUTERS POLL: MEDIAN 48.5 LOW 47.5 HIGH 49.5 BACKGROUND For a story on Swiss economy click on... For recent Swiss National Bank comments...
- Missing jet may have strayed to west, Malaysia military says |
- NYC buildings explosion kills two, more missing
- EU moves towards travel bans, asset freezes for Russians |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Exclusive: EU approves framework for asset freezes, travel bans on Russia