- Special Report: Syria's Islamists seize control as moderates dither
- Angelina Jolie stunt double sues News Corp over hacking
- Prosecutors plan more charges against accused Cleveland kidnapper
- Global shares flat, dollar steady before Fed decision
- Journalist who brought down U.S. general is killed in Los Angeles car crash
FXNEWS-Black market Argentine peso knockin' on 7s door
Argentina's peso slid 1.71 percent on the parallel or black market to 7.01/7.03 per dollar, pushed to a new all-time weak point by confidence-sapping currency control and demand for dollars as Argentines take off for their summer holidays, traders said.
The peso was unchanged in official, interbank trade at 4.9225/4.925. The breach between the two rates has widened to 42.5 percent as average Argentines register their lack of confidence in the local currency.
In the so-called blue-chip swap market, which reflects the implied exchange rate used to buy Argentine shares or bonds that can be sold for dollars overseas, the peso was at 6.98 per greenback.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this