Abbott wins FDA approval for heart stent
(Reuters) - Abbott Laboratories' Xience Xpedition heart stent was approved by U.S. health regulators and will be launched in the United States immediately, the company said on Thursday.
Heart stents are tiny tubular devices that prop open diseased blood vessels after angioplasty. Abbott's stent delivers a drug, everolimus, which helps keep the vessel from reclogging.
Abbott competes with Medtronic Inc and Boston Scientific in the market for heart stents.
(Reporting By Debra Sherman; editing by John Wallace)
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting
- Two deputies killed, two others hurt in California shooting spree
- Wall St. finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades
- Iran hangs woman convicted of killing alleged rapist
- Medical worker quarantined in New Jersey under new Ebola safeguards |