Fiat moves to boost stake in Chrysler to 65.2 percent
MILAN (Reuters) - Italian carmaker Fiat (FIA.MI) said on Thursday it planned to exercise a call option to buy around 3.3 percent of Chrysler from the VEBA trust fund, boosting its stake in the U.S. peer to 65.17 percent.
In July Fiat exercised its option for a first tranche of around 3.3 percent of Chrysler from the VEBA fund.
Fiat said it estimated the net amount to be paid for the purchase of this second tranche is $198 million.
The group said the Chancery Court of Delaware is expected to decide over the price for the transaction in the next months.
(Reporting by Antonella Ciancio)
- Tape emerges of Clinton discussing bin Laden day before 9/11 attack
- Gaza truce over, Israel soldier captured, 70 dead in Rafah shelling |
- Financial health: The four numbers to zero in on
- Ebola patient coming to U.S. as aid workers' health worsens
- Sierra Leone declares emergency as Ebola death toll hits 729 |