Fiat moves to boost stake in Chrysler to 65.2 percent
MILAN (Reuters) - Italian carmaker Fiat (FIA.MI) said on Thursday it planned to exercise a call option to buy around 3.3 percent of Chrysler from the VEBA trust fund, boosting its stake in the U.S. peer to 65.17 percent.
In July Fiat exercised its option for a first tranche of around 3.3 percent of Chrysler from the VEBA fund.
Fiat said it estimated the net amount to be paid for the purchase of this second tranche is $198 million.
The group said the Chancery Court of Delaware is expected to decide over the price for the transaction in the next months.
(Reporting by Antonella Ciancio)
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Ukraine appeals to West as Crimea turns to Russia |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- CIA accused of spying on U.S. Senate intelligence committee