Fiat moves to boost stake in Chrysler to 65.2 percent
MILAN (Reuters) - Italian carmaker Fiat (FIA.MI) said on Thursday it planned to exercise a call option to buy around 3.3 percent of Chrysler from the VEBA trust fund, boosting its stake in the U.S. peer to 65.17 percent.
In July Fiat exercised its option for a first tranche of around 3.3 percent of Chrysler from the VEBA fund.
Fiat said it estimated the net amount to be paid for the purchase of this second tranche is $198 million.
The group said the Chancery Court of Delaware is expected to decide over the price for the transaction in the next months.
(Reporting by Antonella Ciancio)
- Sunken Korea ferry relatives give DNA swabs to help identify dead |
- Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide |
- Special Report: How the U.S. made its Putin problem worse
- Death toll climbs to at least 13 in worst tragedy on Everest
- All 338 Korean students, teachers rescued from sinking ferry - school official