Republican Boehner wins second term as House Speaker
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - John Boehner won a second two-year term as speaker of the Republican-controlled House of Representatives on Thursday.
Despite a few Republicans holding back support for him, Boehner beat Democratic minority leader Nancy Pelosi by 220-192 votes, on the first day of a new Congress.
(Reporting by David Lawder; Editing by Sandra Maler)
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- Winning ticket sold in California for Mega Millions lottery: official |
- India removes barriers to U.S. embassy as anger grows over diplomat's arrest
- UPDATE 5-Mega Millions lottery winning tickets sold in California, Georgia -Officials
- China confirms near miss with U.S. ship in South China Sea