Anglo American sells Amapa stake to Zamin Ferrous
LONDON Jan 4 (Reuters) - Global miner Anglo American said on Friday it had agreed to sell its 70 percent interest in the Amapa iron ore operation in Brazil to Zamin Ferrous.
"The terms of the transaction are confidential and the transaction is subject to state regulatory approval," the company said in a statement.
An internal valuation by Anglo American last year put the value of Amapa, which it co-owned with Cliff Natural Resources , at $1.5 billion.
- Investigators look for motive in Malaysia plane disappearance |
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Police make third arrest in murder of Colorado socialite
- Democrats seek ways to limit Obamacare fallout after Florida defeat
- Indian Ocean poses daunting challenge in search for missing Malaysia plane