Anglo American sells Amapa stake to Zamin Ferrous
LONDON Jan 4 (Reuters) - Global miner Anglo American said on Friday it had agreed to sell its 70 percent interest in the Amapa iron ore operation in Brazil to Zamin Ferrous.
"The terms of the transaction are confidential and the transaction is subject to state regulatory approval," the company said in a statement.
An internal valuation by Anglo American last year put the value of Amapa, which it co-owned with Cliff Natural Resources , at $1.5 billion.
- Malaysia jet sent 'pings' after going missing, sources say |
- Russia holds war games near Ukraine; Merkel warns of catastrophe |
- Rescuers search site of NY building collapse; seven dead |
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source
- Missing jet may have strayed to west, Malaysia military says |