Brazil industrial output falls 0.6 percent in Nov vs Oct
SAO PAULO Jan 4 (Reuters) - Industrial production in Brazil contracted 0.6 percent in November from October, government statistics agency IBGE said on Friday.
Production had been expected to shrink 0.9 percent, according to the median estimate of 14 analysts in a Reuters survey. The forecasts for the decline ranged from 0.3 percent to 1.2 percent.
November's industrial production contracted 1.0 percent from a year earlier, more than the 0.8 percent decline forecast in the Reuters survey. Estimates for the annual figures varied from a 1.9 percent drop to a 1.1 percent rise.
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plow |
- Pistorius starts five-year term for killing Reeva Steenkamp
- Ebola crisis turns a corner as U.S. issues new treatment protocols
- Fashion designer Oscar de la Renta dead at 82 |
- U.S. Congress examining deal between NSA official, ex-agency chief