Brazil industrial output falls 0.6 percent in Nov vs Oct
SAO PAULO Jan 4 (Reuters) - Industrial production in Brazil contracted 0.6 percent in November from October, government statistics agency IBGE said on Friday.
Production had been expected to shrink 0.9 percent, according to the median estimate of 14 analysts in a Reuters survey. The forecasts for the decline ranged from 0.3 percent to 1.2 percent.
November's industrial production contracted 1.0 percent from a year earlier, more than the 0.8 percent decline forecast in the Reuters survey. Estimates for the annual figures varied from a 1.9 percent drop to a 1.1 percent rise.
- Sunken Korea ferry relatives give DNA swabs to help identify dead |
- Special Report: How the U.S. made its Putin problem worse
- Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide |
- Death toll climbs to at least 13 in worst tragedy on Everest |
- Current underwater search for Malaysia plane could end within a week