S&P raises Cleveland School District, Ohio GOs to 'A-'
Jan 4 (Reuters) - Standard & Poor's Ratings Services raised its school issuer credit rating (ICR) on Cleveland Municipal School District, Ohio's general obligation debt to A-minus wi th a stable outlook fr o m BBB-plus on Friday.
S&P said the upgrade reflects the passage of a tax increase a nd management's steps to improve operations which h ave s tabilized t h e district's pr eviously w eak finances.
An upcoming sale of unlimited-tax GO refunding bonds was rated AA based on the district's participation in Ohio's state aid intercept program, which provides liquidity and credit support for the bonds.
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom |
- Eight bodies found after attack on Guinea Ebola education team
- Scots independence polls close, UK's future in the balance |
- Alibaba IPO prices at top of range, raising $21.8 billion |
- Two adults, six children dead in Florida shooting: report