S&P raises Cleveland School District, Ohio GOs to 'A-'
Jan 4 (Reuters) - Standard & Poor's Ratings Services raised its school issuer credit rating (ICR) on Cleveland Municipal School District, Ohio's general obligation debt to A-minus wi th a stable outlook fr o m BBB-plus on Friday.
S&P said the upgrade reflects the passage of a tax increase a nd management's steps to improve operations which h ave s tabilized t h e district's pr eviously w eak finances.
An upcoming sale of unlimited-tax GO refunding bonds was rated AA based on the district's participation in Ohio's state aid intercept program, which provides liquidity and credit support for the bonds.
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- North Korea executes leader's powerful uncle in rare public purge |
- Insight: In Yemen, al Qaeda gains sympathy amid U.S. drone strikes
- Twitter backtracks on block feature after users revolt |
- Iran angry over U.S. sanctions, nuclear talks interrupted