German retail sales rise 1.2 pct m/m in November
BERLIN Jan 4 (Reuters) - German retail sales rose more than expected in November from a month earlier, according to preliminary data released on Friday.
The notoriously volatile indicator rose 1.2 percent on the month and was 0.9 percent lower than a year ago, data from the Statistics Office showed.
Economists polled by Reuters had expected retail sales to rise 0.8 percent on the month and to drop 1.2 percent on the year. (Reporting by Berlin newsroom)
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- U.S. aircraft hit by gunfire in South Sudan as conflict worsens
- Four men arrested in deadly N.J. shopping mall carjacking
- With Fed out of the way, what's next on Wall Street?
- Analysis: Lost Brazil order raises threat to Boeing fighter jets