German retail sales rise 1.2 pct m/m in November
BERLIN Jan 4 (Reuters) - German retail sales rose more than expected in November from a month earlier, according to preliminary data released on Friday.
The notoriously volatile indicator rose 1.2 percent on the month and was 0.9 percent lower than a year ago, data from the Statistics Office showed.
Economists polled by Reuters had expected retail sales to rise 0.8 percent on the month and to drop 1.2 percent on the year. (Reporting by Berlin newsroom)
- Israel keeps up Gaza assault; diplomats seek ceasefire |
- With sales sputtering, Apple's iPad looks to IBM alliance
- Rebels likely downed Malaysian jet 'by mistake': U.S. officials
- Islamic State crushes and coerces on march towards Baghdad
- Five held in China food scandal probe, including head of Shanghai Husi Food