CANADA STOCKS-TSX make broad gains, energy stocks lead
TORONTO, Jan 4 (Reuters) - Toronto's main stock index closed broadly higher on Friday, with energy companies leading the rally as economic data bolstered investor sentiment. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index was up 70.37 points, or 0.56 percent, at 12,540.81. All 10 of the index's main groups were in positive territory. The index was up 1.8 percent for the week.
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- South Africa admits mistake over 'schizophrenic' Mandela signer |
- Thai military heads agree to meet protest leader at weekend |
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994