CANADA STOCKS-TSX make broad gains, energy stocks lead
TORONTO, Jan 4 (Reuters) - Toronto's main stock index closed broadly higher on Friday, with energy companies leading the rally as economic data bolstered investor sentiment. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index was up 70.37 points, or 0.56 percent, at 12,540.81. All 10 of the index's main groups were in positive territory. The index was up 1.8 percent for the week.
- Confusion as search for Malaysian jet spreads across SE Asia |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- Special Report: How China's official bank card is used to smuggle money |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source