TSX holds steady after briefly turning positive; golds drag
TORONTO Jan 4 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index briefly turned positive on Friday as firmer energy and financial stocks helped temper losses among materials companies.
The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index was up 0.49 of a point to 12,470.93 before turning modestly negative again. Seven of the index's ten main groups were lower.
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- U.S. aircraft hit by gunfire in South Sudan as conflict worsens
- Four men arrested in deadly N.J. shopping mall carjacking
- With Fed out of the way, what's next on Wall Street?
- Analysis: Lost Brazil order raises threat to Boeing fighter jets