TSX holds steady after briefly turning positive; golds drag
TORONTO Jan 4 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index briefly turned positive on Friday as firmer energy and financial stocks helped temper losses among materials companies.
The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index was up 0.49 of a point to 12,470.93 before turning modestly negative again. Seven of the index's ten main groups were lower.
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast: source |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Ukraine forms new defense force, seeks Western help |
- Front companies, embassies mask North Korean weapons trade - U.N
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions