Dollar extends gains vs yen, trims losses vs euro after ISM
NEW YORK Jan 4 (Reuters) - The dollar slightly extended gains versus the yen and trimmed losses versus the euro on Friday after data showed the vast U.S. services sector in December grew at its fastest clip in 10 months.
The dollar rose to 87.88 yen, compared with 87.78 yen before the data. It was last at 87.84, up 0.7 percent on the day.
The euro traded as low as $1.3044, compared with $1.3059 earlier. It was last at $1.3050, little changed on the day.
- Target says data from 40 million cards stolen in holiday period
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Special Report: Why Ukraine spurned the EU and embraced Russia
- Facebook, Zuckerberg, banks must face IPO lawsuit: judge
- Zuckerberg to sell Facebook shares worth about $2.3 billion