CORRECTED-TREASURIES-Bonds briefly cut losses on cooler Dec U.S. job growth
(Removes erroneous reference to rise in jobless rate)
NEW YORK Jan 4 (Reuters) - U.S. Treasuries briefly trimmed losses on Friday after a U.S. Labor Department report showed U.S. job growth cooled in December.
The benchmark 10-year Treasury note, down 10/32 before the report was released, trimmed its loss to 5/32, but later expanded it again to 10/32, leaving its yield at 1.96 percent, up from 1.92 percent late on Thursday.
(Reporting By Ellen Freilich; Editing by Chizu Nomiyama)
- North Korea's 'reign of terror' worries South's leader
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Los Angeles sheriff's officials charged in jail misconduct probe
- Chinese hackers spied on Europeans before G20 meeting: researcher
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media