US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Futures add gains after jobs report
NEW YORK Jan 4 (Reuters) - U.S. stock index futures added gains on Friday after the latest jobs report showed the pace of hiring by U.S. employers eased slightly in December, pointing to a lackluster pace of economic growth that was unable to make further inroads in the country's still high unemployment rate.
S&P 500 futures added 2.6 points and were above fair value, a formula that evaluates pricing by taking into account interest rates, dividends and time to expiration on the contract. Dow Jones industrial average futures gained 21 points, and Nasdaq 100 futures added 9.5 points.
- With no sign of missing plane, search spreads far across land and sea |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- Ukraine appeals to the West as Crimea turns to Russia |