Fung Retailing buys major stake in S.Korea kids' apparel maker
SEOUL Jan 5 (Reuters) - Fung Retailing Ltd, a wholly owned unit of the privately held Fung Group, and other partners have acquired a 70 percent stake in South Korean children's apparel maker Suhyang Group, the company said in a statement.
The holding company of the Fung Group is privately held Fung Holdings (1937) Ltd, which is also a substantial shareholder of Hong Kong's Li & Fung Ltd.
On Thursday, South Korea's Maeil Business Newspaper, citing unidentified investment banking sources, reported that Li & Fung had agreed to acquire a majority stake in Suhyang Networks for roughly 200 billion yuan ($188 million). ($1 = 1063.5000 Korean won) (Reporting by Joyce Lee; Editing by Paul Tait)
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky in Germany after pardon
- Investigators look overseas for hackers in Target case: source
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter