No deal yet on Illinois pension fix -state House speaker
CHICAGO Jan 5 (Reuters) - A meeting of Illinois' top state lawmakers did not produce a resolution on dealing with the state's huge unfunded public pension liability, House Speaker Michael Madigan said on Saturday.
He said work will continue and that it was still possible to reach a deal in time to be voted on early next week by the Legislature.
- Missing jet may have strayed toward Andaman Sea: Malaysian air force |
- NYC buildings explosion kills two, more missing
- EU moves towards travel bans, asset freezes for Russians |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Exclusive: EU approves framework for asset freezes, travel bans on Russia