No deal yet on Illinois pension fix -state House speaker
CHICAGO Jan 5 (Reuters) - A meeting of Illinois' top state lawmakers did not produce a resolution on dealing with the state's huge unfunded public pension liability, House Speaker Michael Madigan said on Saturday.
He said work will continue and that it was still possible to reach a deal in time to be voted on early next week by the Legislature.
- With no sign of missing plane, search spreads far across land and sea |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- Special Report: How China's official bank card is used to smuggle money |