NFL: Vikings QB Ponder to miss playoff game with elbow injury
(Reuters) - Minnesota Vikings starting quarterback Christian Ponder will miss Saturday's playoff game against the Green Bay Packers with an elbow injury, the National Football League (NFL) team said.
Ponder, who hurt his elbow during last week's regular season finale, will be replaced by Joe Webb, who is 1-1 as a starter in his NFL career and has not thrown a pass all season.
Minnesota plays Green Bay in the opening wild-card weekend of the NFL playoffs at 8:00 p.m. ET (0100 GMT).
(Reporting by Larry Fine in New York; Editing by Frank Pingue)
- Suspect in two California deputy deaths charged with murder, carjacking
- Washington state teen shooter's family living in 'nightmare'
- U.S. nurse quarantined over Ebola criticizes her treatment |
- UPDATE 7-U.S. nurse quarantined over Ebola calls treatment "frenzy of disorganization"
- Iraqi security forces and Kurds gain ground against Islamic State