Aetna backs its 2013 profit, revenue forecast
Jan 7 (Reuters) - Aetna Inc, the nation's third-largest health insurer, on Monday reaffirmed its profit outlook for 2013 and said as of last week it had received 17 of the 21 state approvals needed for its planned acquisition of smaller rival Coventry Health Care Inc.
Aetna said it continues to expect full-year 2013 operating earnings of at least $5.40 a share on a 9 percent increase in revenue, reiterating the forecast it gave in mid-December.
Analysts on average are expecting Aetna to earn $5.52 per share in 2013, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
- Deadly gun attack in eastern Ukraine shakes fragile Geneva accord |
- Japan PM makes offering to Yasukuni Shrine; China seizes ship
- South Korea president says conduct of ferry crew tantamount to murder |
- Australia sees 'regroup' on Malaysian plane search in a few days |
- Asian stocks subdued on Ukraine caution, dollar firms vs yen