Economists trim Brazil 2013 GDP growth forecasts - survey
SAO PAULO, Jan 7 (Reuters) - Economists trimmed their forecasts for Brazil's economic expansion this year to 3.26 percent from a previous estimate of 3.30 percent, a weekly central bank survey showed on Monday. Analysts also revised their forecasts for inflation in 2013 upwards slightly, to 5.49 percent from 5.47 percent. The government targets inflation at 4.5 percent, with a tolerance margin of 2 percentage points in each direction.(pct) 2012 2013 previous new previous new forecast forecast forecast forecast Consumer inflation 5.71 5.73 5.47 5.49 Exchange rate - - 2.09 2.08 Interest rate - - 7.25 7.25 GDP growth 0.98 0.98 3.30 3.26 Industrial output -2.31 -2.36 3.50 3.00
- Special Report: Thailand secretly supplies Myanmar refugees to trafficking rings |
- UPDATE 2-China bars banks from bitcoin transactions
- Obama says he's not allowed iPhone for 'security reasons'
- Ford launches new global Mustang to buoy brand, boost margins
- The 10 Most Corrupt and Least Corrupt Countries in the World