Canada's Ivey PMI beats expectations with December rise
TORONTO Jan 7 (Reuters) - Purchasing activity in Canada rose in December, according to Ivey Purchasing Managers Index data released on Monday that pointed to a modest uptick in economic activity to close out the fourth quarter.
The seasonally adjusted index rose to 52.8 in December from 47.5 in November. Analysts polled by Reuters had expected an adjusted reading of 49.5.
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- South Korea to make announcement on air zone; expansion is anticipated |
- Pro-Europe protesters gather for rally in Kiev
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- Obama defends interim Iran deal, seeks to assure Israel