Canada's Ivey PMI beats expectations with December rise
TORONTO Jan 7 (Reuters) - Purchasing activity in Canada rose in December, according to Ivey Purchasing Managers Index data released on Monday that pointed to a modest uptick in economic activity to close out the fourth quarter.
The seasonally adjusted index rose to 52.8 in December from 47.5 in November. Analysts polled by Reuters had expected an adjusted reading of 49.5.
- Police hunt for motive as search for Malaysian jet spans hemispheres |
- Crimeans vote over 90 percent to quit Ukraine for Russia |
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister
- 'Good night': Haunting final contact from missing Malaysian jet |
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |