- Planetary alignment peaks with celestial show this weekend
- UK fighters escort Pakistan plane to airport, two arrests
- Sixth night of violence in Sweden, but police say capital calmer |
- Justice Department defends journalist email search
- Judge rules against 'America's toughest sheriff' in racial profiling lawsuit
Commods weakness sees FTSE 100 stall near 2-yr high
LONDON Jan 7 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 edged lower early on Monday, stalling near a recent two-year high on the back of profit taking in commodity stocks.
London's blue chip index was down 11.56 points, or 0.2 percent, at 6,078.28. The index closed at its highest level since early Feb. 2011 on Friday.
Integrated oils and miners were the main drag on the index as investors banked recent gains, traders said. (Reporting by David Brett; editing by Simon Jessop)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this