Nikkei edges up on U.S. data, exporters high
TOKYO, Jan 7 (Reuters) - Japan's Nikkei share average edged up on Monday helped by encouraging U.S. economic data, while a weakening yen lifted exporters. The Nikkei added 0.3 percent to 10,720.86, while the broader Topix gained 0.6 percent to 894.03.
- Co-pilot spoke last words heard from missing Malaysian plane |
- Crimea asks to join Russia after Soviet-style vote |
- Crimeans vote over 90 percent to quit Ukraine for Russia |
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister
- Global stocks rise, yen slips after peaceful Crimea vote |