Metro favours ending Media-Saturn foray in China - sources
DUESSELDORF, Germany Jan 7 (Reuters) - The board of German retailer Metro is in favour of withdrawing its Media-Saturn chain of consumer electronics stores from China after the market there proved tougher than expected, several people familiar with the matter told Reuters on Monday.
No final decision on whether to withdraw from the country has yet been made, the sources said.
Metro declined to comment. (Reporting by Matthias Inverardi; writing by Victoria Bryan)
- Obama condemns killing of reporter, U.S. hits militants in Iraq |
- Gaza war rages on, Hamas says Israel tried to kill its military chief |
- Four beheaded corpses found in Egypt's Sinai: security sources
- Father of Texas 'affluenza' teen arrested for impersonating police officer
- U.S. attorney general visits racially charged St. Louis suburb