India govt likely to infuse $544 mln in FY13 - SBI head
NEW DELHI Jan 7 (Reuters) - The Indian government has indicated a capital infusion of 30 billion rupees ($544.32 million) into State Bank of India in the current fiscal year ending in March 2013, the bank's chairman said on Monday.
The infusion into the country's biggest bank will be done through a preferential allotment of shares, Pratip Chaudhury told reporters.
Capital infusion plans for the next financial year have not been finalised yet, Chaudhury added.
($1 = 55.1150 Indian rupees) (Reporting by Arup Roychoudhury; Editing by Sunil Nair)
- Gaza death toll rises; Hamas fires rockets at Tel Aviv |
- Ukraine jets pound rebels after deadly missile attack |
- Female Yahoo executive sued for sexual harassment
- Trump Plaza in Atlantic City to close, adding to city's woes: report
- Teen survivor of Texas shootings says slain family members 'in much better place'