Barrick Gold ends talks with China Gold over African Barrick
LONDON Jan 8 (Reuters) - Barrick Gold Corp said it is no longer in talks with state-owned China National Gold Corp to sell it a stake in its majority-owned, London-listed gold producer African Barrick Gold.
Canadian mining major Barrick Gold, which owns 74 percent of African Barrick, said in August it was in early-stage talks with China National Gold about the possible sale of all or part of its stake.
"We are approaching this in a prudent and disciplined manner and will only proceed with opportunities that generate acceptable value for Barrick," Barrick Gold's chief executive Jamie Sokalsky said in a statement on Tuesday.
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean - U.S |
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean: U.S. |
- Nose gear on plane collapses at Philadelphia airport
- Russia holds war games near Ukraine; Merkel warns of catastrophe |
- Knife-wielding assailants attack people in central China: Xinhua