Barrick Gold ends talks with China Gold over African Barrick
LONDON Jan 8 (Reuters) - Barrick Gold Corp said it is no longer in talks with state-owned China National Gold Corp to sell it a stake in its majority-owned, London-listed gold producer African Barrick Gold.
Canadian mining major Barrick Gold, which owns 74 percent of African Barrick, said in August it was in early-stage talks with China National Gold about the possible sale of all or part of its stake.
"We are approaching this in a prudent and disciplined manner and will only proceed with opportunities that generate acceptable value for Barrick," Barrick Gold's chief executive Jamie Sokalsky said in a statement on Tuesday.
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws 'red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- Warning shots fired to turn monitors back from Crimea |
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media