Cypress expects fourth-quarter results below analysts' estimates
Jan 8 (Reuters) - Cypress Semiconductor Corp estimated fourth-quarter results below analysts' consensus, hurt by a weaker-than-expected demand for its chips.
The company, which makes microcontrollers and chips used in touch-screen phones and tablets, expects a profit of 3 cents to 4 cents per share on revenue of $177 million to $179 million.
Analysts expected an adjusted profit of 14 cents per share, on revenue of $193.5 million, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
- Gaza gunmen execute 'collaborators'; mortar kills Israeli boy |
- Ferguson march muted, police officer disciplined over video |
- U.S. says Russia must pull convoy from Ukraine or face more sanctions |
- U.S. hostage rescuers dropped from night sky: Syria activist
- U.S. protests intercept of Navy jet by Chinese warplane