Cypress expects fourth-quarter results below analysts' estimates
Jan 8 (Reuters) - Cypress Semiconductor Corp estimated fourth-quarter results below analysts' consensus, hurt by a weaker-than-expected demand for its chips.
The company, which makes microcontrollers and chips used in touch-screen phones and tablets, expects a profit of 3 cents to 4 cents per share on revenue of $177 million to $179 million.
Analysts expected an adjusted profit of 14 cents per share, on revenue of $193.5 million, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- U.S. Secret Service investigates after man jumps White House fence, reaches doors
- French jets strike in Iraq, expanding U.S.-led campaign against Islamic State |
- North Korea says imprisoned American tried to become 'second Snowden'
- Alice, steampunk and a false name: enigma of an American jailed in North Korea