Aviva to sell Delta Lloyd stake
LONDON Jan 8 (Reuters) - Aviva Plc said it was intending to sell its remaining stake in Dutch insurer Delta Lloyd, a disposal that forms part of a reorganisation at Britain's no.2 insurer.
Aviva plans to sell all its 34.3 million shares in Delta Lloyd, it said on Tuesday, with an accelerated bookbuild to start immediately.
"This sale will be a good start to 2013 and supports our strategy to narrow focus and make Aviva a more nimble and athletic organisation," said Chief Executive Mark Wilson.
Aviva raised 318 million pounds via a sale of 37 million shares in Delta Lloyd last July.
- Target holiday cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards |
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Zuckerberg to sell Facebook shares worth about $2.3 billion |
- Special Report: Why Ukraine spurned the EU and embraced Russia