Japan's Amari: price stability to be focus of BOJ accord
TOKYO Jan 8 (Reuters) - Achieving price stability is likely to be the focus of a policy accord between the government and the Bank of Japan, Japanese Economics Minister Akira Amari said on Tuesday.
Amari made the remark in response to a question about whether the government would also make the BOJ responsible for job creation, which is similar to the U.S. Federal Reserve's mandate.
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Cortege departs to take Mandela's body to lie in state |
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- UPDATE 2-U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Thai 'red shirts' prepare rally to back PM against protesters