CANADA STOCKS-TSX opens lower on U.S. earnings caution
TORONTO, Jan 8 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index opened lower on Tuesday, led down by financial and energy stocks, on investor caution as the U.S. earnings season gets under way. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index was down 13.24 points, or 0.11 percent, at 12,486.31 shortly after the open.
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- U.S. immigration protesters drop U.S. border blockade plan
- About 60,000 Syrian Kurds flee to Turkey from Islamic State advance |
- Secret Service investigates after man jumps White House fence, reaches doors
- Kentucky firefighter dies after ice bucket challenge accident