CANADA STOCKS-TSX ends flat; Goldcorp offsets weak energy stocks
TORONTO, Jan 8 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index finished nearly unchanged on Tuesday, with weakness in the energy sector offset by Goldcorp Inc's rise following a positive reaction to the company's announcement of an accounting change. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index finished the session up 5.26 points, or 0.04 percent, at 12,504.81. Six of the index's 10 main groups ended higher.
- Police hunt for motive as search for Malaysian jet spans hemispheres |
- Russia media say Crimea votes 93 percent to quit Ukraine |
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Democrats seek ways to limit Obamacare fallout after Florida defeat