CANADA STOCKS-TSX ends flat; Goldcorp offsets weak energy stocks
TORONTO, Jan 8 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index finished nearly unchanged on Tuesday, with weakness in the energy sector offset by Goldcorp Inc's rise following a positive reaction to the company's announcement of an accounting change. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index finished the session up 5.26 points, or 0.04 percent, at 12,504.81. Six of the index's 10 main groups ended higher.
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- U.S. television, Twitter, alive with new version of 'Sound of Music'
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image