CANADA STOCKS-TSX ends flat; Goldcorp offsets weak energy stocks
TORONTO, Jan 8 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index finished nearly unchanged on Tuesday, with weakness in the energy sector offset by Goldcorp Inc's rise following a positive reaction to the company's announcement of an accounting change. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index finished the session up 5.26 points, or 0.04 percent, at 12,504.81. Six of the index's 10 main groups ended higher.
- Thousands of Gaza civilians flee after Israeli warning |
- Russia warns Ukraine after shell crosses border |
- Three dead, two wounded in Pasadena, California shootings
- As some high-risk assets take a hit, investors fear worse is to come
- Heavy fighting breaks out near Libya's Tripoli airport, seven dead