CANADA STOCKS-TSX ends flat; Goldcorp offsets weak energy stocks
TORONTO, Jan 8 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index finished nearly unchanged on Tuesday, with weakness in the energy sector offset by Goldcorp Inc's rise following a positive reaction to the company's announcement of an accounting change. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index finished the session up 5.26 points, or 0.04 percent, at 12,504.81. Six of the index's 10 main groups ended higher.
- Malaysia says no evidence missing plane flew hours after losing contact |
- Russia holds war games near Ukraine; Merkel warns of catastrophe |
- Rescuers seek survivors of NY building collapse; seven dead
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source
- Missing jet may have strayed to west, Malaysia military says |