CANADA STOCKS-TSX turns positive, Goldcorp rises
TORONTO Jan 8 (Reuters) - Toronto's main stock index turned positive in late Tuesday trading, as modest strength in the hefty financial and materials sectors, led by Goldcorp Inc and Manulife Financial, offset weakness in energy stocks.
The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index rose 1.35 points to 12,500.90. Six of the index's 10 main sectors were positive.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- 'Duck Dynasty' anti-gay fallout sparks debate on religion, tolerance
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Zuckerberg to sell Facebook shares worth about $2.3 billion |