CANADA STOCKS-TSX turns positive, Goldcorp rises
TORONTO Jan 8 (Reuters) - Toronto's main stock index turned positive in late Tuesday trading, as modest strength in the hefty financial and materials sectors, led by Goldcorp Inc and Manulife Financial, offset weakness in energy stocks.
The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index rose 1.35 points to 12,500.90. Six of the index's 10 main sectors were positive.
- Investigators look for motive in Malaysia plane disappearance |
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Police make third arrest in murder of Colorado socialite
- Democrats seek ways to limit Obamacare fallout after Florida defeat
- Indian Ocean poses daunting challenge in search for missing Malaysia plane