CANADA STOCKS-TSX turns positive, Goldcorp rises
TORONTO Jan 8 (Reuters) - Toronto's main stock index turned positive in late Tuesday trading, as modest strength in the hefty financial and materials sectors, led by Goldcorp Inc and Manulife Financial, offset weakness in energy stocks.
The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index rose 1.35 points to 12,500.90. Six of the index's 10 main sectors were positive.
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- South Korea to make announcement on air zone; expansion is anticipated |
- Pro-Europe protesters gather for rally in Kiev
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- Obama defends interim Iran deal, seeks to assure Israel