European shares track U.S. stocks lower
PARIS Jan 8 (Reuters) - European shares surrendered their gains on Tuesday afternoon and turned slightly negative, tracking losses on Wall Street as investors braced for sluggish results from companies in the upcoming quarterly earnings season.
At 1545 GMT, the FTSEurofirst 300 index of top European shares was down 0.1 percent at 1,160.94 points, drifting lower along with U.S. indexes.
- Insight: How U.S. spying cost Boeing multibillion-dollar jet contract
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- With Fed out of the way, what's next on Wall Street?
- Yemeni al Qaeda says attack on hospital was mistake
- Insight: For Chinese farmers, a rare welcome in Russia's Far East